Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fabric Owl Necklace

I've kinda wanted to do something like this for such a long time.
 
I kinda have a thing for owls.
A big thing.

I started off by cutting a template out of thin cardboard, and placed it over a piece of fabric, folded in two, to get two identical shapes. I cut around with a little bit of extra room around all sides to sew up. With a bit of purple felt, I made a heart-like shape, with a slightly flat bottom.
First, I sewed the heart shaped face onto the right side of one piece of fabric. Then, putting right sides together, I sewed around, starting at the bottom, and then leaving a small amount of room to be able to turn it right side out.
I then turn it right side out, and sewed up the bottom.

Then, I hot glued a jump ring to the back of the owl head. On top of that, I crisscrossed the two feathers for the wings.
Then, I flipped it over and hot glued a small sliver of orange felt on the front for his beak.

I added a length of braiding rope, and it was done! It took roughly 20 minutes, and it's so cute and light :) I might just have to make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment